28.10.08

Maybe moving to a town wasn't such a good Idea...

...for my wallet. I am now on a shopping ban until I get my next pay, because this month I've been spending money like there's no tomorrow. Most of it on things I didn't use to when I lived in that small village. For example, My bf and I have eaten out a couple of times, been to the gym, and shopping at fleamarkets. I also put €€€'s on my new trainers (I really needed those), my new lamp, my new make-up table, that concert last week, all the food for the house-warming party...And a couple of days ago my H&M bill arrived.

So now I can only afford food. And my brother's premiere on friday. He's singing and acting in the musical "Oliver!", dress rehersal is on friday and family can come and watch. For 10 €. My brother is playing "the artful dodger" and I'm quite impressed by this as he's only 15. Also, this will be the first time I get to hear him sing! Ah, the things you miss out on when you live abroad for a few years!

Anyhow, I haven't shown you some of the things I put my hard earned €€€'s on. First up are the seamed stockings plus pretty packaging, and a nice hairflower/brouche.

Then I found this half slip which I liked the style of. Didn't think much about what I would wear with it though, but at least it was cheap! (Sorry for poor quality pic!)

This is another one of those silly things that I really like but don't actually have any use for. Yet. Two table runners, this one folded in half, which just don't go with the colours in my flat. I've been thinking about turning them into a bag or something.

I also found this 1 € blazer that actually fit. Okayish. I'm not a very big girl so finding nice clothes that look good and feel comfortable can be hard. Don't even get me started on shoes...

More from the 1€ a piece category, top and trousers. The trousers felt really comfy and I could really use a pair of plain black ones that I can either dress up or dress down according to the occasion.
During this time of non-shopping I'm trying to be creative and get some stuff done. Like shortening the black trousers. I was also going to sew myself a nice wide skirt, but as I turnes out I don't have the right fabric for it -> shopping required = problem. But I did manage to put up some hooks for my handbags in my walk-in closet! Progress...

3 kommentarer:

Mrs Munster sa...

I've also banned shopping from myself. Not very successful as I already spent money in H&M today. I especially have tried not to buy the "silly things, that I will never wear but cannot live without". Funny how many of those I keep on finding. You've done some great clothes shopping though :)

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Mrs Munster: Thanks, I'd love to find some more vintage stuff though. Funny how we people justify all the stuff we buy for ourselves, even when we end up not using it. All the "cannot live without"s...

Miss Rascal sa...

Ohhh, I love that piece of fabric.
Lucky girl!