23.10.08

Frank Sinatra Concert

Yesterday me and my bf went to listen to my cousin perform songs by Frank Sinatra together with the Finnish Navy Band. It was quite a nice evening, the music was good, the dancing was good and the costumes that the ladies wore were really good. Here's a clip from the concert recorded earlier on the tour, but unfortunately the girls aren't wearing the same lovely costumes as they did yesterday.



As I recently purchased a pair of vintage seamed stockings, I decided that there's no time like the present and wore them to the concert. This is what I looked like:

(click for larger image)

The selfmade skirt felt a bit too fancy so I dressed down a bit by wearing the H&M cardigan. The flats I bought in England and they were only my second option for what to wear. Really, I would have liked to wear these lovely shoes that used to be my grandmothers (as far as I know). Much nicer with the stockings, don't you think? The problem however is that my feet are tiny. Unless I wear wooly socks they're a size 35 or 35,5 (3 in the uk). These shoes are about size 37 or 38. Why?!?!? We could have had som much fun together...

On saturday it's my jobs christmas party. Yes, in october. But this is retail, in our store, christmas begins on monday. Same old question - what am I going to wear? I've got a couple of suggestions but, ah, we'll see.

Right, so here's the new find I mentioned in my previous post, tadaa: my new dressing table!

I think it's charming. I'm really curious as to when this was made, any clues? There's something written underneath it which I interpret as teak ????? And it kinda looks like teak so maybe? There was also a white dressing table at the "retro" store but white just didn't feel like me at all. I've always liked wooden furniture better. Plus this one felt more unusual. € 20 is what it cost me. Now the challenge is finding a suitable stool for it...

6 kommentarer:

B-b-b-etty sa...

jag dör! jag älskar ditt nya bord. och ja, det är teak. jag är så avundsjuk. jag hittar aldrig ett :(

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Betty Lou: Äh, ge inte upp nu! Det här kommer från ett återvinnings-center där det fanns massor med möbler, kanske det finns nåt sånt ställe nära där du bor? Förresten, jag är ofta avundsjuk på alla fina fynd som du gör också, bara så du vet ;)

Mrs Munster sa...

Beautiful dressing table! Your outfit also looks really classy. Sounds you had a good night out.

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Mrs Munster: Thanks, yes it was a nice evening out, and boy did those stockings make me feel elegant. For a while there I even wondered if I was born in the wrong era...

The Freelancer's FashionBlog sa...

I LOVE that dressing table!!!
And the outfit is very hot in a chic way!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Freelancer: Thanks, I relly need to find myself something to sit on so I can fully utilize the table though...