19.11.08

Secret project revealed

So here what I was working on last week, I modified the pattern for this dress which fits me really well but has this annoying cut that makes my shoulder look miles wide.
I took this massive old sweater that was a hand me down from my aunt who was young when this stuff was in fashion. (Click for a larger image) It's been in my closet for years waiting for some attention, and now the time was here.

I undid the seams and cut accordingly to the pattern everywhere but the bust area.

I used the sleves for the bust-area, folded in two, and came up with this really versatile upper part (which is why I was so excited).

The dress actually feels really comfy and quite warm on the bits it covers, and I think it will be very useful as it is so versatile. I may also use the same idea and make a few more in different colours and patterns. Someday. This is how the finished product looks, as worn to the dance in Vuokatti at the weekend:

The weekend was absolutely fabulous by the way, the spa was great, we managed to visit six (!) different types of saunas, turkish, steam, finnish, smoke and more. Of course we did some swimming too, and lying around in different bubble pools etc. And in the evening was the dance thingy where we actually made a bit of progress with our dancing skills, still a long way to go though, hah.

Sunday we went skiing, the ski tunnel closed for maintenance just as we got there, but luckily there was a few km of outdoor track as well. It was quite fun, I haven't gone skiing in years, kinda hard if you live in the south of england for a couple of years...It wasn't all joy though, my feet hurt in every uphill because of the poor technique I must have been using. Oh well. Maybe it had something to do with several hours of dancing in high heeled boots the night before?

8 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I love your sewing skills... it's great what you've made out of the leo fabric.

Mrs Munster sa...

I love that black dress! Have to say that leopard top is stunning also. You are very talented!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Nadine: Thank you! I admire your sewing skills too, you've made far more complicated things than what I can do, keep it up!

Mrs Munster: Well thank you! Too bad the black dress feels so weird and uncomfortable to wear :(

B-b-b-etty sa...

oj jag önskar jag kunde sy annat än raksömn! man kan ju inte tro att det är samma plagg

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Betty Lou; Tack, för ett antal år sedan kunde jag bara sy raksöm jag med...Så om du bara orkar nöta på ett tag fastän det känns som om inget förbättras, så plötsligt en dag blir det något bra! Detta gäller ju för det mesta i livet, övning ger färdighet, du vet ;)

Ninah sa...

Jättefint! :) Måste bara fråga hur leopardklänningen ser ut på baksidan? Ser överdelen likadan ut som på framsidan? :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog sa...

WOW! THe leopard dress is stunning!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Ninah; jag jobbar på en bild...
Freelancer; Thank you very much!