10.1.11

Good hair day

I was rather pleased at the way my hair came out on Saturday. For once, I got the fringe to stand up a bit, just like in the pictures of old movie stars...


And then I went and covered it all up with a hat. I don't think I've showed this vintage hat before, even though I've had it for quite some time. It's made from a really warm and soft and wintry material, but only covers a small part of the head, so it's a bit tricky to know when to wear it. On Saturday I wore it tho the antiques and vintage fair/market held in Kokkola, and got a few nice comments about it...


The fair had very little vintage, only two sellers who sold vintage clothing and no retro furniture whatsoever (which is what I was looking for). But among all the antique porcelain, glassware, books etc I did find something with a fifties style to it. It is quite possibly the first piece of art I have ever bought, it's about 30 cm high and it looks like it could be made of teak...And I absolutely love it and pretty much go "Oh" every time I see it;


How was your weekend?

9 kommentarer:

ina sa...

Wonderful hair! And those winterhats... Beautiful, but oh so tricky. In this country you either need something warm or then it's simply not wintry enough for them (or you don't want it to be wintry)... Same thing with 2/3 sleeves...

Mrs Munster sa...

I'm not surprised you had nice comments. You look fabulous with your hair and the hat!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Ina; Thanks, and yup, I've noted the same thing with the 2/3 sleeves too...So I've bought a pair of long gloves!

Mrs Munster; Oh, thank you! :)

Indigo sa...

your hair does look fab, I love the whole vintage look, but I find it really difficult to achieve :( I'm doing a vintage giveaway at the moment, i love vintage clothes! Your hat looks cute too, perfect for the fair you were talking about xx

Kimberly sa...

Oh the curls are so perfect and smooth!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Indogo; Thanks, I'll I'll have to check that giveaway out...

Kimberly; Thanks! :)

Hope Adela Pasztor sa...

i love your hair! that hat is so jauntily chic! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Erika sa...

Snyggt fall på luggen! Väldigt 50-taligt med de invikta topparna, tjusigt!

Hatten är supersnygg, älskar den kontrasterande innerfärgen. Håller dock med om hattproblemet, det är eg inte många veckor per år som det är hattväder. Det fungerar väl när det är runt nollgradigt, men sen är det bra med saker som täcker öronen. *suck*
Skoj att du hittade något på mässan i alla fall!
Kramar!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Hope; Thanks! :)

Erika; Tack! Lyckligtvis blir det ju vår och sommar också, då man kan bära sommar-hattar! :) Kram!