13.1.09

Shoes and Handbags

When I was about seven I was quite a girly girl, you know, pinks and purples and Barbies and princess dresses. Then I grew up a little and became more practical and wore blues and jeans and trainers and didn't care that much about my appearance. This has all changed, starting a while before I moved away from home and became addicted to second hand shopping. It keeps getting worse - or better, depending on what side you stand on. I have, for example, introduced make-up, skirts, shoes and handbags into my life.

When I moved back from England I had about 4-5 handbags and maybe 6-7 pairs of shoes. I had started to wear descret make-up for work back in Kent, but couldn't be bothered at the cleaning job when I got back here. Funnily enough, it was the cleaning job and wearing a boring uniform that really set of the feminime period I've got going on at the moment. I needed to feel feminime, like a woman and not a genderless cleaning robot. So now I wear not-so-descret make-up for work, and my collection of shoes and handbags is growing at an alarming rate...

These two bags cost me 5 € altogether. Not too bad considering they look unused.

Ah, and these shoes, another fiver! Too bad they don't keep my feet very warm though. Something for spring then.

And here we are, my latest find, in size 3! A little bit tight but oh so pretty and just what I've been looking for, and only 3 €! Dark brown leather, mmm. Notice that I'm lifting the shoe with my toes...Which brings me to the next part of this post: The challenge!

The Freelancer tagged me a while back to reveal seven facts about myself, so I'm gonna give it a go. Right.

1. As seen above, I go around picking things up with my feet. I think I developed this skill as a result of being too lazy to bend down when something needed picking up.

2. I am also pretty good at balancing on one leg, this comes from years of training, specifically from balancing on one foot whilst srubbing the other in the shower...Needless to say, my feet are very nice and soft from this habit.

3. I have got a very odd looking mole on my stomach, or the mole in itself is not so weird, it's the lack of pigmentation around it. A white circle with a mole in the middle. No swimsuit modelling career for me.

4. I've also got a spot on the top of my head where my skin has no pigment, this means that the hair growing on that spot is also without pigment. I have a blond spot. You can see it quite well a few posts down where I'm showing off a hairdo...

5. Even though I've become more feminime I'm still a very practical and comfortable person. I prioritise being warm and dry before looking good, however I am working on finding stuff that combines practical with pretty, it's surprisingly difficult.

6. Relating to no. 6 -being practical. I don't actually wear that many of the outfits that I show here. Right now I'm wearing a hoodie and some sweatpants...But I do dress up for going out. And for the fun of it. I've been dressing up since I was a little kid, and found it funny that there is a whole community out there that does the same thing, even in real life. In other words, I'm really glad I found all these inspirational blogs out there to share my obsession with. :)

7. This weeks stats for this blog is 84 unique visitors. Only one of these visits is from somebody I know in real life - my boyfriend. I have only told ONE of my friends about this little hobby, and I don't think she reads it. Not very often at least. I am not exactly sure why I haven't told anybody either. Maybe I'm embarrassed, I'm not the same person that I was when we were close. Anyway, I find it hard to believe that they'd be that interrested in my latest fleamarket finds. So. Is there really any point? Do your friends and family know about your blog?

Ok, so now I should tag seven people. Or break the rules! Yes! Instead of tagging I challenge you to answer the question about whether or not you've told people about your blog (if you have one) and why/why not! Cause I'm curious.

1 kommentar:

Mrs Munster sa...

Woman can never have too many handbags and shoes! The black pair is really adorable and I see you share the same talent of picking things with your toes!