9.12.08

Coveting cameras

Last week I got some tax money back from the government, which of course got me thinking of all the things I want to spend it on after I've paid some bills, had my eyes checked and my hair cut and so on. If there's any left...

First of all, I've been longing for a new camera since...well since I bought my last one and discovered how bad it actually was, especially when the lighting is poor. It's an old 4 megapixel canon powershot that I've had for about 3 years now, and I'm getting sick of it. So I've been searching the internet for something better, that I could still afford. But better means more expensive, so today I headed to one of those auction sites and guess what - canon 350D's and similar for around 200 euro starting price...That is, used digital slr's which I could afford! I think I'm gonna sign up and hope the bidding doesn't go too high.

What I also wouldn't mind owning are some of these retro inspired dress from H&M. But I just cannot justify spending 30 euros on something that I won't wear more than a couple of times...so I'll just have to use these as inspiration and make my own.





In fact, I am working on a dress at them moment, but I was a bit over optimistic and cut it a bit too tight over the hips...and this fabric does not stretch. That's what happens when you challenge yourself with buying a second hand piece of fabric cut to a certained size. So I'm working on a solution, perhaps a thin strip of fabric at the back? We'll see.

Another think I could start saving up for is some travelling. If I put a bit of money away every month, perhaps there would be enough for a holiday after a while? Too bad i only get 2 weeks off this summer. Oh, well. Got to get through today first.

4 kommentarer:

B-b-b-etty sa...

enfärgade plagg har man nog mest användning av. den blå var skitfin, ska spana in den imon. inte för att jag har pengar att spendera haha.

den kameran jag har är ganska bra, kostar runt 3000 kr. en panasonic leica-objektiv! har fått massa priser och vunnit tävlingar. inte för att jag själv är särskilt bra på att fota, inte längre.

Mrs Munster sa...

I really need to buy a camera. I want a really good one, especially one with good zoom. They are so expensive, so I have to start saving now after xmas. I'm planning to make a dress soon. Bit scary as I've never made one, but we'll see...please post some photos of your dress when it's ready!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Betty Lou: Man har absolut bäst nytta av enfärgade plagg, därför är klänningen jag försöker sy helt i mörkbrunt...

Jag har testat en canon eos 300D nån gång i tiden och gillade den, så nu hoppas jag stort på att ropa hem en 350D. Ju mer jag tänker på det destu mer känns det som om mitt live skulle vara komplett med en systemkamera i näven igen.


Mrs Munster: If the dress comes out wearable photos will appear. Good luck on your own project, hope it comes out nice!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog sa...

I have to save the money I got this year since I know I'll be paying some beck the next :/

I tagged you btw!