5.7.09

Old fashioned market

On friday when my holiday started I got all dressed up and travelled along this beautiful road.


At the end of the road there was an "old fashioned market", where people sold lot's of hand made stuff. My mother was there selling her pottery, and me - I embraced the opportunity to wear some of the few vintage item that I happen to own. This was the result;

The suit is the one that was too big and that I've been working on for a while, and I think it's from the forties. The rest is all second hand/vintage stuff, apart from the shoes, they are my beloved hush puppies.

The whole outfit cost about 20 euros, the seamed stocking being the cheapest item of only 10 cents. And I had tried to curl my hair a bit with this hot air curler I've got, but what a bad investment, the curls lasted a maximum of 20 minutes...

Sadly, this was not the car I arrived in...

This was pretty much the first time I wore all vintage outside the house, and let me tell you, it did not go unnoticed...Funny, because the were other (sellers) there dressed in an old fashioned style. But ok, they had gone more for the poor peasant style. I felt watched. I do not feel ready to go out on the town dressed like this. 50's inspired style is so much easier to get away with.

They are doing a play at this same location, and both my dad and my youngest brother (who took the shots of me) are acting in it. Due to my outfit I was actually asked if I'm in the play also, as some of the actors were walking around in costume. In 18th century costume. I guess nobody will know if I'm mixing 40's, 50's and 60's fashion in the future, if they can't tell 1770's clothes from 1940's.

Right, now I'm off to do some packing, because we're leaving for Mallorca tomorrow night! If I don't have time to blog before then, have a wonderful week everybody!

5 kommentarer:

Miss Rascal sa...

You look stunning as usual. <3

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Thank you! :)

Lazaro sa...

Where is exactly the old fashioned market located? Your performance looks formal. All you wear really old fashioned outfit.

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Lazaro; In Finland.

Boris sa...

You look great. I also found myself enjoy those things related to vintage. It brings such unique ambiance in the surrounding. Anyway, the secondhand market is always delightful. That's great since we can find interesting items in a budget friendly price.