27.10.10

Lady in Gray

Sometimes when I go thrifting I get lucky (or stick to tight rules perhaps?) and I end up bringing home a bunch of clothes that all seem to magically match...


Jumper+skirt, looks good with red accessories (bought or thrifted earlier).

Same gray skirt matches black shirt with white stripes, black shoes and red hat+jumper.


And would you believe it, the old ladies at the charity shop gave the dress above (again matching gray) to me for free, after I discovered a small hole at the side. However, this dress is quite big on me (and a bit itchy) so I thought I'd ask if anybody else is interested in it, they were going to throw it away! Waist measures 43 when lying flat, bust 52, hip 55 at widest part. The collar also looks big on me, so this might not look good on other petite ladies either...But if anybody is interested I'd be quite happy to for example trade it for something else, make me an offer!


Pair 60-something of shoes (closest to camera) cost 2 euros and came home with me from a thrift shop last Saturday. They are lined and warm, great for winter and the sort of temperatures we are having at the moment (there's even some snow!) On Saturday we also began the winter bathing season, but before we went my hair looked like this;

This is day five of the same set of pincurls, no need to wash often when you don't use shampoo anymore! But after this picture was taken my hair had to handle hydro-cortison-creme to fight my scalp rash, getting sweaty in the sauna and getting dipped into sea water when winter bathing...

And for some strange reason I decided to use considerably less baking soda than normal when I got home and finally washed it. Needless to say, my hair didn't feel quite as clean as I would have liked it afterwards...But now, after I've washed it again with more baking soda, rubbing it into all of my hair and not just the roots, and rinsing with the apple cider vinegar-mix, it feels as if I'd washed it with shampoo. I've also gone and gotten myself a different medicine for my atopic scalp rash, which hopefully won't interfere with my hair experiments.

My conclusion is that baking soda is indeed very likely to wash away all sorts of products from your hair, if you use enough of it (!) and spread it out from root to tip. However, I will be trying this again with hairspray or something to make sure, and report back...

10 kommentarer:

Mrs Munster sa...

Great outfits! You are one of those rare people that looks really great with hats!

Lillgull sa...

Jag kanske har något att byta med... Du måste vara en storlek 36 eller? Hm...

Erika sa...

Kjolen var jättefin på dig!
Det brukar vara så att saker matchar när man håller sig till grått... =) Men det är fint på dig, och så effektfullt med de röda assecoirerna. Själv har jag en tendens att bara hitta blått, vilket tyvärr leder till att saker inte matchar lika bra som dina...

Kram!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Mrs Munster; Thank you! The trick is choosing the right type of hat...

Lillgull; Kul! 34-36 brukar kunna passa mig, men det behöver ju förståss inte vara "kläder" utan accessoarer, en hatt, skor, eller väska. Eller nåt helt annat du vill bli av med som du tror jag kunde gilla. :)

Erika; Tack! Ah, kanske grå är mer lättkombinerat än jag tänkt mig ;)
Håller med om att blå nyanser är svåra att matcha med varandra, liksom rött. Men jag kan tänka mig att allt det blåa du köper ser ganska effektfullt ut med ditt röda hår ;) Kram!

Unknown sa...

Åh så fina outfits!
De pasar dig utmärkt, och rött är
verkligen en färg för dig. Så det blir riktigt tjusigt när du har det som detaljer och en annan bas färg. Riktigt vackert*

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Jenny; Men tack, vilken smickrande kommentar! :)

ina sa...

Hej och tack för uppdateringen om pincurlsen, det verkar ju lovande. Jag tvättade håret med schampoo sista gången på onsdag, så nu börjar mitt schampoo fria liv :)

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Ina; Va kul, hoppas det går bra för dig! :)

A sa...

I love the combination of red and grey, I wear it a lot myself. I'm also considering going shampoo free, I really hope it works for me!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Anniina; If you decide to go for it, I wish you a happy shampoo-free life! :)