7.7.11

Summer favourites

Finally I feel like I'm actually doing something about that pile of things to be altered, the pile that normally seems to be only growing has actually started to shrink!  This skirt didn't even stay in the pile for long, as it's the one I recently bought in Sweden. What was too long and one size to big now fits me and is likely to become a favourite this summer.

 

Another potential favourite is this red skirt that used to be my aunt's in the 60's or 70's. It was a bit longer before and made me look really short. But now that's been taken care of! I of course used my serger when I shortened both skirts, and then I had an idea and looked through my sewing machine equipment and indeed, turns out I've got one of those presser foots who fold over the fabric and make hems look neat and pretty...so of course I had to try it out and I'm pretty pleased with the result!



Today I have also turned a pair of long legged trousers into 50's style capri pants (high waist!) and I can't tell you what a difference using the serger makes. You can't really tell if those trousers/capris have been altered with the professional look the serger leaves. The sig-sag just doesn't do it for me anymore...

9 kommentarer:

Lavender and Twill sa...

~ * ♥ * ~

I really love your polka dotted skirt Kitten! It looks super lovely. : )

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Bonita; Thanks, I think I will get a lot of use out of it too :)

Rakel sa...

Love the skirts, really nice the both of them :)

Erika sa...

Så skönt att få bort saker ur "ändringshögen"! Kjolarna blev väldigt fina med den lite kortare fållen. Visst är det skoj när man hittar nya funktioner på sin symaskin? =)

Hoppas ni har en härlig semester!

A sa...

What a beautiful skirt! And yes, like you said in your post above, I, too, have been too busy living but I have enjoyed it greatly. Now it seems a bit hard to get back to blogging!

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Rakel; Thanks! :)

Erika; Absolut!! Ska fortsätta med den högen så snart jag får jobbat upp motivationen igen.

Anniina; I know what you mean! But living for real has to be more important than blogging, don't you think? :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog sa...

Where is you top from?
I would also like a serger - th ecapris turned out great och jag vet inte om jag brode skriva på svenska eller engelska :P

Kitten loves vintage sa...

Ulrika; Toppen is from loppis! Du kan ju pröva att önska en overlockare till julklapp? Alternativt köpa en begagnad från huuto (min e därifrån)...

Catia Pinho sa...

I love skirts,vintage dresses. Thanks for sharing beautiful photos.
Visit my blog asantafelicidade.blogspot.com.

Thank you!